A cottage in the village center, welcomes pilgrims of Saint Jacques.
See « limestone lawn » .
Cradle of one of Nièvres this small village huddled between beautiful dry stone walls.A beautiful almost intact farm of the 19th borders the village.
From the porch of the church you can see two polychrome angels.
European market semi nocturnal in summer.
Two castles reinforce the beauty of the setting. Feel free to contact the owners for an appointment to visit them.
The pond provides a mirror to this town whose every street has a unique plate made of low relief.
The houses are typical.
A village to browse and discover.
It is in the castle park that was born the Nièvre of
A beautiful hall of the mid-nineteenth century mansions testify to a noble past.
The church of Saint-Maurice built between 1590 and 1595 has a « caquetoire » *.
One of its laundry houses has a fireplace.
The main events are:
– The wine fair in May
– The song workshop in July, followed by a lyric dinner August 2nd and a concert.
-The Christmas market
Located on an old Roman road farms with great architecture reflect an important agricultural past
Follow the flash code to see the page with remarkable sites of the Township Prémery
The Church of St. Peter and St. Paul bears the date 1780.
Old mills, laundries patiently restored and maintained to reflect the activity of the village which also has the forest, part of its prosperity.
Great firework on July 14th.
Nested at the bottom of a valley where the Nièvre Arzembouy flows, the villagesurrounds the Saint-Germain ‘s church of
(XII century) which houses
several tombstones chatelaines and their children.
The castle (XIV, XVI and XVII centuries) built on the side of a rocky escarpment still has its fortifications and
outbuildings, barns and mill.
Lurcy le bourg :
Seat of a Benedictine priory of which we can see the remains, the town offers the passers-by beautiful houses.
The priory, surrounded by water, throne in the village center. A hostel makes the site alive and in « Grange P’tite » one proposes movies and animations.
Heritage Days are very lively.
Life unfolds around the pond where fishing competitions are organized.
The St. Andoche’s Church has apse in the oven.
It houses a wall painting made in 1950 by F. Langlare.
A small village set back from the main road passing his « crot » * is framed by a beautiful countryside. A strong house of the XVIIe with outbuildings of XIVe are situated at rue de de l’Echu.
A small resistance museum is housed in the premesis of the city hall in memory of the guerrillas of the last war.
A horse festival takes place in summer.
Highest point of the area where you can see the foothills of the Morvan.
Two beautiful panoramic viewpoints show that this stronghold had to be important, but the remains are reduced to some beautiful arcades surrounding a beautiful landscape.
A botanical path from the mound.
Saint Bonnot :
Village located in the heart of the forest. Past activities remains the home of the master of forge.
The crypt of the church contains the tomb of a child who would be the natural son of Sarah Bernhardt. The chapel of Notre-Dame-du-Charme is the place of pilgrimage every 8th of September.
And exhibitions of craftsmen and painters.
The church dedicated to Saint-Aignan was built at the bottom of the village around 1895. This municipality, which main activity was agriculture, has seen established important companies in its territory.
On the canton of Guérigny on the other side of the forest this village is dominated by its church. A statue in earthenware of Nevers representing Saint Solange is exposed.
In the village of Chauprix There is a special fountain.
* 1-caquetoire: covered place before the gate where people gathered to discuss everything and nothing at the end boards.
* 2-Crot: Paved mare or not where the animals came to drink from the village.